quinta-feira, 18 de abril de 2013

Prepositions: In, at, on (place)
In


We use in to refer to a position in relation to a three dimensional space or when something is surrounded on all sides eg. A country, a town, a room, a field, a forest or any place with boundaries.
I left my book in the bedroom.
They met each other in Italy.

In: the garden, France, my pocket, a car, a building.
At

We use at to refer to a position as a point.
He is standing at the bus stop.
There is someone at the door.






At: The bus stop, the crossroads, the end of the road.
On



We use on to refer to a position in relation to a surface or a line.
I left my book on the table. (surface)
The school is on a very busy road. (line)
We also say on a list, on an agenda, on a page and on a train/ bus/ plane.

On: the wall, the door, the floor, the ceiling.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário