sexta-feira, 10 de maio de 2013

Simple present

Affirmative

I/ You/ We/ They  read.
He/ she  reads.
It eats.
Interrogative
Do I/ You/ we/ they see?
Does she/ he/ it see?
Negative
I/ You/ We/ They don´t watch.
She/ He/ It doesn´t watch.


We form the simple present with the subject and the main verb.
Most verbs take –s in the third person singular:
I read – he/ she reads;
But verbs ending in –ss, -sh, -ch, -x and –o, take –es:
 I kiss – he/ she kisses          I brush – he/ she brushes          I teach – he/ she teaches
I fix – he/ she fixes               I go – he/ she goes
Verbs ending in a consonant + y, drop the –y and take –ies :
I try – he/ she tries               I fly – he/ she flies
Verbs ending in a vowel + y, simply take –s :
I buy -  he/ she buys                            

Use present simple for:
• facts, or things that always happen.
Water boils at 700DC
• routines and habits.
The birds return to the island every spring.
• timetable events.
The Drama Club meets every Thursday at 7.30.
• plots of films, stories and plays.
At the party, Romeo sees Juliet and falls in love with her.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário